2022 Duxbury High School Class Reunion 50th!

Discussions of plans for future reunions, past reunions.
LindaB
Site Admin

2022 Duxbury High School Class Reunion 50th!

Post by LindaB »

The plan is to have the DHS Class of 1972 reunion at the North Hill Country Club in Duxbury, Massachusetts September 17th, 2022. This forum is meant to be a place where classmates and friends can make plans. All you need to do is register with your email to be able to post and chat with organizers and such. Please join us.

Can you believe it's been 50 years?
Janice

Re: 2022 Duxbury High School Class Reunion 50th!

Post by Janice »

No, it is hard to believe it has been 50 years since i have been back to Mass. First of all, I never thought I would ever leave there, then when my parents moved away - I just moved with them after a terrible break up. Said I will never go back. Now I just miss it there. Going to be nice to go home and sit on the beach once more. Going to be nice to see everyone once more.
LindaB
Site Admin

Re: 2022 Duxbury High School Class Reunion 50th!

Post by LindaB »

I've been back a few times, in part to enjoy the beauty of the place, but for other reasons, too. Visited with my "second family" in 1993, right up to my last-born as a newborn, my husband and his parents, and we visited my grandmother, "Nana" Blanchard in her house on Lover's Lane, so near the high school. In 1989 I went to the World Science Fiction Convention in Boston, and dropped by to visit Nana then, too, and got to chat with my Uncle Howie -- maybe still Fire Chief then? -- and cousin Tommy, and my Aunt Rita, who asked me if, while I traced the family genealogy, I could find a connection to the Aldens "because they throw the best parties at Alden Family reunions". I eventually did find the line, through the Hunts and the Wadsworths, but too late for Aunt Rita, unfortunately. When I visited that next time, with family, Nana was the last of the Blanchard line left in town. And now there are none left. Still a place I'm glad to call home.

Your mention of sitting on the beach, Janice, calls to mind one reason I probably won't be going to the big reunion. I'm new to needing a wheelchair to get around, and it's still a bit overwhelming to me. I laugh when I imagine myself mired in the sand and ruining the chair's gears.